Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTJLTnJtro&t=369s
- Wednesday Small Groups Meet
- Volunteers Needed
- See Mary Pyffer
- Baptism Pictures and Video on website
- Missions Trip Announced
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
When we are knocked out of commission and feel helpless, that is often when we feel most grateful and realize how blessed we really are. Such is the state I am in right now. God’s grace is always beyond measure. Thank you for your love and prayers during my recovery. Kudos to all you faithful servants for carrying the load. A special thanks to Harold for filling the pulpit.
My therapy is actually ahead of schedule, so I hope to be back in the saddle soon. I look forward to getting back to our study in 1 Corinthians. Our next chapter is 10 as we will consider, “whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” [Verse 31] I know that is your heart. Be blessed this week as you glorify Him.
Send your Pastor an email during his recovery: email@example.com
This Week’s Reminders:
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
§ Orinda Ward’s Home
· 2307 Nehaul Terr / Village of Hadley
· 352.633.5027 (Home) / 609.501.6136 (Cell)
- Larry & Kay Van Mill: “The Upper Room” was a precursor to the Acts 2:42 church. This group seeks to grow in love, worship, fellowship and prayer.
- Meets 6:00 – 8:00 / Contact 352-445-1135 / 352-430-0746
- 1315 Greenville Way; Village of Liberty Park
- Johnny & Lin Cyr / Glenn Berkhahn leads a study to complement Pastor Steve’s teaching
- Meets 6:30
- Wildwood Resort / 7th Street on Left off Heritage Blvd / 5217 Stratford Ct
- Tom & Patty Frerichs / Andy Hitz leads study on Sunday’s message
- Meets 6:15
- Village of Fenney / 3196 Condrey Ct;
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks before morning services
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
- Announcements on the screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
- Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
Wednesday, May 8 @ 11:30
Women’s Ministry “Bountiful Farms and Bistro” outing
Details and sign-up at Info Desk
Sunday, May 19th
After church potluck
Bring your best dish
Wednesday, May 29th
Dinners for 8
Join other CCV friends around the table
Host homes needed
Sign-up at the Info Desk Next Week
Many of our folks travel over the summer. You will be missed! Keep in touch by visiting the CCV website. All sermons are available as well as weekly updates. www.ccvillages.org
Important Announcement from CCV Property Team
Gene Tonn, Glenn Berkhahn and Bill Salerno updated the congregation that there will not be an extension of our lease at the September 2020 expiration. Financially, we do not have the resources or time to acquire property and build our own facility at this time.
Please make this a matter of individual prayer. Keep your eyes and ears open for any facility that might be a good fit for our services. Let an elder or member of the property team know if you become aware of opportunities that should be checked out.
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know
Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
Visitation / Jim & Karen Silva
Meals / Marjie Setser
Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
Helps / Johnny Cyr
Benevolence / Stan Grab
Contact Pastor Steve, an Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
Missons & Ministry Update: Mission Trip Officially Launched!
Applications are now being accepted for the Mission Trip to Motul, Mexico, January 22-28, 2020 to conduct a marriage enrichment conference. Forms are available at the Info Desk. A team of 10 is envisaged. The cost is $1,500 per team member.
People are needed who:
(1) Feel able to participate directly in the marriage conference. (Pastor Steve and Roz will be leading the teaching.)
(2) Wish to care for the children during the conference
(3) Are keen to help with kitchen duty.
(4) Are gifted in doing odd jobs as required.
The application deadline is June 1, 2019. The planning team will notify applicants shortly after the deadline as to whether or not they are a good fit for the team.
We are praying that the whole congregation will feel part of this initiative. Those not actually going will be praying for the team and giving financial support as God directs.
Let’s do this together!
A Bit More About CCV:
CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (Info Table) or online.
Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
This Weeks CCV Photos:
Setting Up for Sunday Service
Stan Opens Service Mary Needs Volunteers Peter’s CARE Team Eric’s Missions Trip
Worshiping Together at CCV