Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WikYCJK8jhY&t=506s
- Small Groups Meet This Week
- Special Tribute to Pastor Steve & Roz
- Anniversary Celebration Huge Blessing
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
What a day to remember; Family worshipping and celebrating together. Let me express my deepest appreciation to each and every one of you. To those who have stuck it out with us from the beginning, some of you even more than the four years we have been a plant, you are to be commended for your faithfulness.
To you who have come along the way, you have become such an integral part of who we are. To you who are new with us in this past year, you are already blessing us beyond measure as you find your place among us. We have become a family where the love of Jesus is evident and outpouring. You are a body who truly hungers for the Word of God that brings truth and maturity. Your hearts are pliable and open. You are servants in the truest sense. We are vital and valuable to one another because we belong to the One who shed His blood for us.
It is because of all this that my expectancy of what is before us is so great. We shall see the glory of God in the face of Christ Jesus. My prayer is that each of you shall continue to grow as you seek Him, learn to hear His voice and walk in His Spirit. In this, He will not pass us by. Every time we come together, let’s believe He will manifest His presence and reveal Himself to us. Today begins our launch into year five!
P.S. To those of you who would rather hand write a note to the Otto’s instead of sending me an email, you can bring it next Sunday and I will send it along with the others. Thank you for doing this.
4th Anniversary Celebration.
Our thriving church fellowshipped together with a marvelous luncheon at Manatee Rec Center following Sunday services. Portions of the event were recorded and may be accessed with this link:
This Week’s Reminders:
- Stan & Barbara Grab: Bible Study on The Parables
- Meets 6:30 – 7:30 / Contact Phone 860-705-0653
- 17238 SE 85th Willowick Circle; Village of Briar Meadow
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
§ Orinda Ward’s Home
· 2307 Nehaul Terr / Village of Hadley
· 352.633.5027 (Home) / 609.501.6136 (Cell)
- Larry & Kay Van Mill: “The Upper Room” was a precursor to the Acts 2:42 church. This group seeks to grow in love, worship, fellowship and prayer.
- Meets 6:00 – 8:00 / Contact 352-445-1135 / 352-430-0746
- 1315 Greenville Way; Village of Liberty Park
- Johnny & Lin Cyr / Glenn Berkhahn leads a study to complement Pastor Steve’s teaching
- Meets 6:30
- Wildwood Resort / 7th Street on Left off Heritage Blvd / 5217 Stratford Ct
- Tom & Patty Frerichs / Andy Hitz leads study on Sunday’s message
- Meets 6:15
- Village of Fenney / 3196 Condrey Ct;
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
- Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks before morning services
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
- Announcements on the screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
- Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- The Elders presented Pastor Steve and Roz with a dogwood tree to be planted in their yard. This is symbolic of their role over the past four years in “growing the body” at CCV.
Everyone is encouraged to inscribe a rock with a personal note to be placed around the base of the tree. There will be a basket of rocks at the Info Table with markers.
- Thursday, April 18th @ 11:30
The women of Calvary Chapel Villages love “sharing life” together. We are meeting for lunch at Continental Country Club located at 50 Continental Blvd, Highway 44 East in Wildwood. Continental has a large dining room, great food and good prices. You can check out the menu at www.continentalcountryclub.com Please sign up at the Info Desk or just show up. You are welcome to bring your friends too! Hope you can make it!.
- April 19th Good Friday Service @ 6:00
- Sunday, April 21 – Easter with Baptisms after Service
If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know.
- Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
Missons & Ministry Update: Sumter County Corrections
A male inmate who attends the weekly Men’s Mentoring Bible Study mailed a postcard in care of “God” to the address used for communications between the mentors and inmates:
“God…..Hey it’s me!
I thought I’d take a minute to write you to let you know how thankful I am for all the wonderful things you have done and are still doing in my life.
It seems every day that goes by I am more and more hungry for the Holy Spirit. And now walking hand in hand with you Lord, I am finding myself feeling things I’ve never felt before in my heart. I now fear nothing with you by my side Lord.
I love and praise your Holy name Father. The desires of my heart you already know.
Love, your son”
A Bit More About CCV:
CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (Info Table) or online.
Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
This Weeks CCV Photos:
Beautiful Setting & Theme for CCV 4th Anniversary Celebration
Plenty of Scrumptious Food
Fellowship Together Around the Table