Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcqCKwjB4Kk&t=359s
- Newcomers’ Lunch This Week
- Anniversary Luncheon Tickets Deadline Next Week
- Small Groups Meet This Week
From Pastor Steve’s Study — Food for thought:
“Not everyone who says to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven.” Matt. 7:21
“Keeping the commandments of God is what matters.” [1 Corinthians 7:19]
It is the will of the Father for us to believe in His Son. [John 3:13-18, 31-36]
“A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” [John 13:34-35]
Thoughts to consider:
- Is Jesus really your Lord or is that just a religious title to you?
- Are the people around you able to see that you are His disciple?
- How are you practically demonstrating that you believe in Jesus?
This Week’s Reminders:
- Stan & Barbara Grab: Bible Study on The Parables
- Meets 6:30 – 7:30 / Contact Phone 860-705-0653
- 17238 SE 85th Willowick Circle; Village of Briar Meadow
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
- Orinda Ward’s Home
- 2307 Nehaul Terr / Village of Hadley
- 352.633.5027 (Home) / 609.501.6136 (Cell)
- Orinda Ward’s Home
- Larry & Kay Van Mill: “The Upper Room” was a precursor to the Acts 2:42 church. This group seeks to grow in love, worship, fellowship and prayer.
- Meets 6:00 – 8:00 / Contact 352-445-1135 / 352-430-0746
- 1315 Greenville Way; Village of Liberty Park
- Johnny & Lin Cyr / Glenn Berkhahn leads a study to complement Pastor Steve’s teaching
- Meets 6:30
- Wildwood Resort / 7th Street on Left off Heritage Blvd / 5217 Stratford Ct
- Tom & Patty Frerichs / Andy Hitz leads study on Sunday’s message
- Meets 6:15
- Village of Fenney / 3196 Condrey Ct;
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
Announcements on the screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- Sunday, March 24th @ 11:45 / CCV Newcomers’ Lunch
- Hosted by Mike & Mary Barber at their home
- If you are new to CCV, join us for an after-service lunch. Meet the Pastor and Roz, hear about the church and ask questions.
- RSVP Mary Barber 321-662-0965
- Sunday, March 31st CCV 4th Anniversary Party
“Growing Stronger. Going Deeper. Reaching Higher”
- Tickets are free, but required; available at Info Table / 3/25 Deadline
- 11:30 after Church
- Manatee Rec Ctr.
- Catered by La Hacienda Catering
CCV is growing with average Sunday attendance up 40% over this time last year! That means more opportunities for newer attendees to find a place to be involved. Currently, two teams are in need of volunteers.
Sign-up interest sheets are at the Info Table … OR
“Reply” to this email
Medical Response Team
Calling all CCV people with medical training…..Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, CPR Trained, AED Trained. A team is forming to respond to medical emergencies during services.
Dads for a Day
A ministry opportunity for CCV men to mentor a boy from a local fatherless home. Support roles needed from men and women.
Call Mike for more information / 407-230-6684
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know
- Update on Jennifer Meier
- Jenni, daughter of Joyce and Denny Meier wanted to thank Calvary Chapel Villages for all their prayers. This is from her.
- It was very impactful to Jenni and her family to receive our get well cards together in one package. Mary Barber will continue to collect our cards and send them to Jenni at intervals in the coming months.
- Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
- If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
- Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
- Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
Missons Update: Ruth House
Please pray for Orinda Ward and Bernie Black who now have responsibility for coordinating the CCV volunteer efforts at Ruth House. Pray also for former Ruth House Director, Rebecca, now half time on program activities and the other half on fund raising.
Ruth House is currently in a time of transition, with a new director, Tiffany, possible changes to the way the program is run, as well as perhaps adding a 2nd house to the ministry. Orinda and Bernie will need to determine how the CCV contribution can be adjusted to fit with any potential changes.
Pray for the ladies in the Ruth House program. Difficult issues are always surfacing that require special guidance and wisdom from God.
Orinda and Bernie
A Bit More About CCV:
- CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
- A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
- Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
- Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (info table) or online.
- Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
New Staging Makes Worship Team More Visible