Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCQUEBYb0s&t=155s
- Elders approve affiliation with Dads For a Day
- After church lunch outing this Sunday, March 3rd
- Women’s lunch outing Saturday, March 2nd
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
Taking sin seriously is the beginning of revival. Taking sin lightly is the beginning of a polluted church. The little leaven that grows and pollutes the whole body begins with secret sin. The Lord Jesus is getting us ready for His return. It should be our greatest hope to be pure when He comes. Until then, may we allow Him to purge our hearts of every weight that so easily besets us.
It is my hope that all of you realize God is preparing us. He is breaking up the fallow ground. Our hearts are being transformed so that we can experience a great outpouring of the Spirit. The fields are white unto harvest. Are we ready?
Search me, O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts; See if there be any hurtful, offensive way within me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
I, the LORD, search the heart, I test the mind, even to give to each man according to his ways, according to the results of his deeds.
… and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
This Week’s Reminders:
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
- Orinda Ward’s Home
- 2307 Nehaul Terr / Village of Hadley
- 352.633.5027 (Home) / 609.501.6136 (Cell)
- Prayer with Pastor Steve
- 6:30 in the Sanctuary
Women’s Ministry “Sharing Life” Lunch at 11:30 AM
- The Women’s Ministry invites all the women of CCV (and friends) to share lunch together
- The God Café located at 300 W Main Street in Leesburg
- The God Café is a small Christian-owned restaurant serving great food at a good price.
- We’ll have lunch together and later enjoy visiting the many shops in the area.
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
- Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
- Announcements on The Big Screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- 11:45 After Church Lunch at PDQ
Plan to join us after service at PDQ (Chicken) at Colony Plaza. The manager has given Buy One / Get One Free coupons to our church. Meet on the covered porch to receive your coupon. Singles – find another single to share a meal with.
Sunday, March 31 CCV 4th Anniversary Party
- 11:30 After Church
- Manatee Rec Ctr.
- Catered by La Hacienda Catering
- Medical Team Forming
- Calling all CCV people with medical training…..Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, CPR Trained, AED Trained. If you are interested in serving on a team to respond to medical emergencies, we need your input.
- Sign up sheet at the Info Table
- Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
- If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
- Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
- Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know
Ministry Update: Dads For a Day
The CCV Elders voted to sign an affiliation agreement with Dad’s for a Day; a local faith-based organization. Adult men serve as mentors for boys from local homes who do not have an active father in their lives. Mike Barber became a mentor in 2018 and fully endorses the opportunity for other CCV men to become mentors.
Several men recently attended an informational meeting and will be applying to become mentors. Qualifications include 1) Christian, 2) over age 50, 3) raised a family, 4) pass a background check. There is also the need for support individuals, men and women, to help structure the CCV program.
Curtis Ostrander DFAD Founder and Mike
Anyone interested in mentoring or serving in a supporting role should sign up at the Info Table or call Mike at 407-230-6684.
A Bit More About CCV:
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
- CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
- A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
- Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
- Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (info table) or online.
- Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
Photos From Sunday’s Service:
Sunday Worship Together at CCV
“Amazing Grace” Sign Language Style