Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMQ9B4EEHvM&t=830s
- Small Groups Meet This Week
- Women’s Wednesday Meeting Location Change
- Newcomers Lunch This Sunday
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
Yesterday was a very blessed one. Harry Fletcher, who has spent over 50 years in jail ministry, brought a powerful message of encouragement and challenge. More than ever, our jail and transition ministry team members are convinced that we are doing what God has called us to. As I reflect on the service and our commitment to this kind of outreach, there are a few things on my heart.
Let us remember that our entire ministry in every aspect is simply a part of our responsibility in being faithful stewards. What defines us is the manifestation of God’s presence in our midst.
In everything we do, our mission is to first receive from God—-His grace, His Word, His power. We cannot give what we do not have. Then we invest in people, share life and thus make disciples.
Our message must be simple and pure. It is the redeeming power of Jesus to save. He alone can redeem, save and fulfill, granting eternal life to anyone who will believe in Him.
It is our need, regardless of the ministry we are personally engaged in, to intercede for one another. Without passionate heartrending prayer we will only be puffing smoke.
God may have you to be a part of one or more of our existing ministries. Or, He may have one for you that we do not yet know about. All of our ministries began with God giving someone a vision. If you believe that He is speaking to you, please let one of our elders or me know what is on your heart. He surely has a place for you of service and stewardship in the body.
This Week’s Reminders:
- Stan & Barbara Grab: Bible Study on The Parables
- Meets 6:30 – 7:30 / Contact Phone 860-705-0653
- 17238 SE 85th Willowick Circle; Village of Briar Meadow
- Women’s Ministry “Living From The Heart Jesus Gave You”
- Meets 1:00 – 2:30
- Linda Banse’s Home / Note Change for this week only
- 533 Barnsdale Run / Village of Hadley
- Linda Banse’s Home / Note Change for this week only
- Larry & Kay Van Mill: “The Upper Room” was a precursor to the Acts 2:42 church. This group seeks to grow in love, worship, fellowship and prayer.
- Meets 6:00 – 8:00 / Contact 352-445-1135 / 352-430-0746
- 1315 Greenville Way; Village of Liberty Park
- Johnny & Lynn Cyr / Glenn Berkhahn leads a study to complement Pastor Steve’s teaching
- Meets 6:30
- Wildwood Country Resort / 7th Street on Left off Heritage Blvd / 5217 Stratford Ct
- Tom & Patty Frerichs / Andy Hitz leads study on Sunday’s message
- Meets 6:15
- Village of Fenney / 3196 Condrey Ct.
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
- Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks before morning services.
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
- Announcements on The Big Screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
- Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- 11:45 CCV Newcomers Lunch
- Hosted by Mike & Mary Barber at their home
- Call Mary 321-662-0965 for details
- Women’s Ministry “Sharing Life” Lunch on Saturday, March 2 at 11:30 AM
- The Women’s Ministry invites all the women of CCV (and friends) to share lunch together
- The God Café located at 300 W Main Street in Leesburg
- The God Café is a small Christian-owned restaurant serving great food at a good price. We’ll have lunch together and later enjoy visiting the many shops in the area. Please sign up at the Info Table so we have a head count for the reservation. Hope you can make it!
- Sunday, March 3 / After Church Lunch at PDQ
- Plan to join us after service at PDQ (Chicken) at Colony Plaza
- Buy One / Get One Free with coupon – supplied by CCV
- Medical Team Forming
- Calling all CCV people with medical training…..Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, CPR Trained, AED Trained. If you are interested in serving on a team to respond to medical emergencies, we need your input.
- Sign-up sheet at the Info Table
- Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
- If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
- Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
- Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know
Missions Focus: Good News Jail and Prison Ministry
What a blessing it was to have Dr. Harry Fletcher and his wife Muriel with us yesterday in our worship service. Harry is the Global Ambassador of the Good News Jail and Prison Ministry. It is the largest independent supplier of chaplains for jails and prisons worldwide, serving in 22 US states, and 25 countries. This type of ministry resonates with CCV because of our involvement in the Sumter County jail as well as our connection with the Esther and Ruth transitional houses.
We were given some sobering jail/prison statistics. Compared with other countries, the US has by far the largest percentage of people, 698 per 100,000, in jail/prison. 97% of the women in jail/prison have suffered severe trauma, as have 75% of the men. Dr. Fletcher was very pleased to see our ministry involves the support of transitional housing.
We were inspired by the amazing video testimony of Mike Culiver, who had reached the bottom before finding Christ. Now a volunteer in the Good News ministry in Henderson County, KY, Mike is able to relate closely with those he works with. Although jail/prison ministry often involves heartache when back-sliding takes place, seeing really changed lives like Mike’s makes it all worthwhile.
The CCV jail volunteers and spouses had the privilege of spending time with Harry and Muriel over lunch in an informal home setting. Some very helpful exchanges took place during the question and answer session after the meal.
Let’s remember to pray for the ongoing work of this important ministry. Lives are being changed world-wide. Also keep in prayer our own jail ministry right here in Sumter County.
Informal Fellowship with Dr. Fletcher and Mentors
A Bit More About CCV:
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
- CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
- A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
- There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
- Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
- Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (info table) or online.
- Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
Photos From Sunday Service:
Two Pastors = 100+ Years Combined Ministry
Admin Team Working Behind the Scenes