Mike’s Weekly Updatehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgzrjORHqgk&t=503s
CCV Church: Highlights this Week:
- Host Family Needed (CARE Ministry)
- Mentoring Opportunity for Men — Dad’s for a Day (This Thursday)
- Newcomers Lunch Sign-up in February (Looking Forward)
- CCV Medical Team Forming (CARE Ministry)
From Pastor Steve’s Study:
One more thought from yesterday’s study in 1 Corinthians 4. We are the recipients of His goodness and stewards of God’s grace. We own nothing … because all things belong to Him.
Therefore, there are two kinds of people. Those who live for themselves and those who live for God. They realize, as believers, they have the capacity to be transformed to embody the nature of Christ. Jesus’ nature was to satisfy the desires of His Father. With that understanding, consider these questions.
- Do you live to satisfy the desires of Jesus?
- Do you consider His desires in every decision and action?
- Do you pursue the applause of men … or serve at the pleasure of your King?
- Are you preparing to meet Him … JOYFULLY … when He returns?
This Week’s Reminders:
- Women’s Ministry Cancelled This Week
- Resumes 2/20/19
- Prayer with Pastor Steve
- 6:30 in the Sanctuary
- Dads For A Day Informational Meeting
- 4:00 ( Note New Time )
- Mike Barber’s Home / 2605 McLin Ln / Village of Collier
- CCV Men – Come and learn about the opportunity to mentor a boy from a local fatherless home. Call Mike for more information / 407-230-6684
Parking: The Parking Team is requesting that everyone park in the large lot to the rear of our building. Except for handicap, please do not park in front lot. Late arrivals will be directed to enter the sanctuary from the front pool-side entrance. Signs will direct you via a covered entranceway.
Seating: Please note that our sanctuary facilitates a warmer section (left, facing front) and a cooler section (right, facing front)
- 9:00: Pre-Service Coffee
Join us in the Fellowship Room for a special time of meeting, greeting, and snacks
- 9:30: Pre-service Prayer in the Church Office
- 9:50: Quiet Time Before Service in The Sanctuary
Announcements on The Big Screen
- 10:00: Worship Service
Elders and wives at the front for individual prayer following the service
- Sunday, Feb 24th @ 11:45 / CCV Newcomers Lunch
- Hosted by Mike & Mary Barber at their home
- If you are new to CCV, join us for an after-service lunch. Meet the Pastor and Roz, hear about the church and ask questions.
- Sign up at the Info Table
- Women’s Ministry “Sharing Life” Lunch on Saturday, March 2 at 11:30 AM
- The Women’s Ministry invites all the women of CCV (and friends) to share lunch together
- The God Café located at 300 W. Main Street in Leesburg.
The God Café is a small Christian owned restaurant serving great food at a good price. We’ll have lunch together and later enjoy visiting the many shops in the area. Please sign up at the Info desk so we have a head count for the reservation. Hope you can make it!
- Sunday, March 3 / After Church Lunch at PDQ
- Plan to join us after service at PDQ (Chicken) at Colony Plaza
- Buy One / Get One Free with coupon (supplied by CCV)
- Host Family Needed
- Overnight housing is needed for one young person serving with OM Ships Saturday, 2/23 – Monday 2/25.
- Call Mary Barber 321-662-0965 or hit “Reply” to this email.
- Medical Team Forming
- Calling all CCV people with medical training…..Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics, CPR Trained, AED Trained. If you are interested in serving on a team to respond to medical emergencies, we need your input.
- Sign up sheet at the Info Table
- Meals Needed:
Rita Callahan is undergoing treatment in Tampa and will appreciate meals on the days they travel.
- Use the web site: takethemameal.com
- In box meal recipient type Callahan
- Password: CCV; page will load with details and schedule.
Please enter your name and meal on an open date. Please check website as time and days may change after their trip to Moffitt. If anyone has questions, please feel free to contact Marjie Setser at 856-848-7638.
Peter Pecoraro leads the CCV CARE Ministry. As our church is experiencing growth, the physical needs within our body are the highest priority in serving one another in times of sickness, loss of loved ones, and practical needs. The following people have stepped forward and are serving over six areas as follows:
- Bereavement / Don and Carol Mordas
- Visitation / Ollie and Carol Howell
- Meals / Marjie Setser
- Prayer / Paul and Karen Caucci
- Helps / Johnny Cyr
- Benevolence / Stan Grab
- If you know of physical needs within the CCV body, let someone know:
- Contact Pastor Steve, any Elder or Peter if you know of a need within our church.
- Peter Pecoraro: Phone: 585-305-2470 or Email PDP1020@gmail.com
- If you have any praise reports or prayer requests, please let Paul know or just hit “Reply” to this email.
- If you would like to be added to the email prayer request list, let Paul know
Missions Focus: Missions trip to Mexico!
When the Raynors were with us a couple of weeks ago, after the noon meal during the question and answer time, the idea of a missions trip to Mexico was introduced. We need to follow up on this while it’s fresh in our minds.
The suggestion is that we provide a Marriage Enrichment Seminar as an encouragement to the married couples in the Motul church. Many of the couples there are new Christians and would really profit from hearing how mature Christians have dealt with various marriage issues.
One or two couples, able to do the teaching with the aid of an interpreter would be needed. But there would be opportunities for service in other capacities, such as providing child-care during the sessions.
The Raynors have assured us that safety is not an issue. The plan would be to fly into Merida, which is a safe city. Motul is a short drive from there. Good hotel accommodations are available.
If you feel a tug at your heart strings when you think about serving in this way, please get in touch with Eric Wigg or just “Reply” to this email. It will be an exciting experience!
Picture – wedding in Motul – maybe a couple for the seminar!
A Bit More About CCV:
- AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Go to http://smile.amazon.com/about.
- Select “Calvary Chapel Villages” from the eligible organization list.
- CCV Giving Is Facilitated In Two Ways:
- A Calvary Chapel distinctive is that no offering plate is passed during service.
There is a Tithe and Offering box located at the back of the sanctuary
- Giving online is convenient and can be set up at the CCV website www.ccvillages.org
- Facilities – We are currently leasing the community center where we worship on Sundays. There is an “Expansion Fund” for CCV folks to give toward a future permanent facility. You may give by identifying your donation for this purpose on the envelopes (info table) or online.
- Visit the new and updated CCV Website: www.ccvillages.org
Photos From Sunday Service
Pre-Service Coffee & Treats in the Café
Praise and Worship Team Getting Ready
Worship Team is Growing
CCV Worshiping Together
CCV Servants On the Job
Johnny Cyr Commissioned as Deacon