From Pastor Steve’s Study:
God’s glory was witnessed by a number of people when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead. Often God’s glory is made visible in the midst of those who know each other well.
Jesus knew Lazarus, Mary, and Martha personally, and He loved them very much. He invested time with them in their home on several occasions. They enjoyed being together.
One of the best ways to get to know your CCV Family is in becoming a part of a Community Group. But we don’t have to wait until the Fall to start. Even though we are still recovering from quarantine, there are ways to get to know each other. Using wisdom, we can “invest in people” and “share life” together. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Invite a few people to your home for a meal
- Get together with others for a game night
- Have a movie night
- Invite someone new or someone you do not know well to join you for lunch after church
- Meet in a park for a picnic
- Go for a walk with someone you would like to get to know better
- You certainly can think of more
Let’s seek opportunities to prepare our hearts for seeing God’s glory … however He chooses to reveal Himself. God bless your week!